IBM Control Desk
Free test access:
This characterizes the software solution
IBM Control Desk 7.6.1 provides organizations with a comprehensive set of IT service management capabilities. Twelve processes from the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) 2011 are certified by PinkVerify. IBM Control Desk can also be easily extended and integrated with other systems through the included tools.
These capabilities enable the solution to support complex IT service management scenarios or non-IT service management scenarios, including self-service, human resources, connected operations management and facilities.
- A comprehensive integration approach that supports a wide range of integration and integration methods.
- Made for Hybrid Cloud, meaning IBM Control Desk can also run in a Kubernetes cluster.
- A capable workflow engine and application design tools to enable configuration and extension of the solution.
- Standard content that includes reports, templates, user roles and security groups.
- Extensive reporting capabilities through the included IBM Cognos Analytics and Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT), including a reporting and analytics update with standard IT service management reports for IBM Cognos Analytics V11.
IBM Control Desk can be used in organizations of all sizes and is available as cloud services, traditional installation and through managed services delivery models. All delivery models are based on the same code base, making it easy to migrate from one to the other if necessary. Control Desk can support the following ITIL processes in 2011:
- Knowledge Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Service Catalog Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Incident Management
- Financial Management
- Service Level Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Availability Management
- Incident Management
- Service Request Management
- Problem Management
Licensing can be done as purchased software, SW-Subscription or SaaS.
The licensing is done as ‘Named User’ (=’Authorized user’) or ‘Concurrent User’ (=’Concurrent user’).
Available License Models
- Named User License
- Enterprise License
- Concurrent License
IBM Control Desk (ICD) is offered as SaaS or on-premise software.
Available operating Models
- on premise
- Public Cloud (Germany)
- Public Cloud (International)
- Private cloud
Where is the software used? - References
We have focused here on German-speaking customers (with the exception of the last reference). Internationally, there are of course many more references:
- IT system operations center of the German Federal Armed Forces
- Large German insurance company (IBM internal reference – please contact us for further details)
- Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- BWI GmbH
- Kubus IT
- Public utility company Wuppertal
- IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) has built up a worldwide available multi-client capable IT service management solution as a service provider. GTS uses IBM Control Desk to support IT service management for more than 1,200 outsourced data centers worldwide. With a standard service catalog of over 850 entries, GTS processes over 20 million service requests per year. The service request records of the last 7 years (about 150 million tickets) are stored in a data lake for pattern analysis and predictive analytics).
Do you need help? - Support
With the software license distributed by IBM, the customers receive ‘IBM Software Subscription and Support’ with the possibility of annual renewal. IBM Software Subscription and Support is a comprehensive product upgrade and technical support solution that provides:
- Download access to fixes, feature packs, new releases and new versions of your licensed software.
- Product upgrades ensure that you get the most out of the performance, security, usability, and innovative technology of your existing software.
- Support for licensed products.
- Around-the-clock support via IBM Support includes answers to your deployment, migration, troubleshooting and code questions, access to Knowledge Centers (documentation, FAQ, etc), forums, Redbooks, Technotes, Tools.
- Access to service requests and PMRs – for fast response to Category 1 issues (day or night).
Always up to date - training courses
Training is offered individually or via ‘IBM Training’. For further information please contact your IBM sales representative.
IBM Corporation bzw. IBM Deutschland GmbH
YOU NEED HELP WITH TOOL EVALUATION?
Software solutions are important for the successful implementation of service management processes in practice. The right tool ensures that people accept and can apply the processes. Take advantage of our years of experience and absolute neutrality when it comes to evaluating the right ITSM or PM software solution.